Welcome

I am so glad you have chosen to visit my blog! I pray you are thoroughly blessed. My mission is not to bring glory to myself, but to God. You will see a very real, true, raw side of me that maybe you have never seen before. Maybe I am treating this as a diary, maybe not. I am only following God's leading.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Give it all you've got!

I took this saying from a movie my kids were watching this morning that I caught glimpses of. In one of the scenes that I saw, this phrase was repeated several times. It made me think of myself in so many ways.
My family and I had quite a weekend. Words like fun, excitement, love, acceptance, hatred, unexceptence, cutting down, all seem to sum it up.
I have always been known as a very sensitive person. (I know, for those of you reading this that know me well, you are laughing in agreement, aren't you?) I have been told "you take things too seriously", "you wear your heart on your sleeve", "I can read you like a book", etc. I hate hearing that, it hurts. That would be me. Ms. Sensitivity!
This weekend I was belittled, looked down on, hated, and blamed. I don't do well with that. In fact, yup, confession time, I even told my husband that I didn't want to be around anymore. Everyone would be so much better off without me. Okay, so maybe I didn't mean it, and I certainly didn't mean to send my husband into a panic. But that is how I felt.
But this morning God used one little phrase from a movie to give me a huge reminder. "Give it all you've got." Life isn't going to be perfect. HELLO! I have enough experience in that department!
Just because I'm a Princess doesn't mean all is going to be well. God says in John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." And he also says in Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. DO not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
So if God promises that he is never going to leave me, that I am not to be afraid or discouraged, that I am to take heart, than for heaven's sake how come I am not giving it all I've got?
I'm not sure what God has planned for my life. I want to follow Him and Him only 100%. I don't know what that means, or what I may need to do, or whom I need to let go. But I do know one thing, I am totally going to commit to GIVING IT ALL I'VE GOT!
God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment