Welcome

I am so glad you have chosen to visit my blog! I pray you are thoroughly blessed. My mission is not to bring glory to myself, but to God. You will see a very real, true, raw side of me that maybe you have never seen before. Maybe I am treating this as a diary, maybe not. I am only following God's leading.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

C-R-A-B-B-Y

Today was just one of those days. I was just so crabby! It all started when the dry-wall guy (we are finally adding a bathroom onto our master bedroom)showed up at 7:00 this morning. That was just a little TOO early. Then my boys did nothing but fight with each other all day. If I need to hear "MMMMMOOOOOOOMMMMMM!" one more time, I am going to scream! And because our house is "under construction", it is a complete mess! And that makes me crabby! Also, I was looking at a picture that our neighbor took today of Jim and I. I got so upset. I actually called Jim a liar because the woman I saw in that picture (me) was very heavy and not very pretty! How can he possibly tell me I'm beautiful and looking "healthy"! I didn't feel good, I was tired, and I had just plain had it. I was sick of putting on my "happy face", pretending I was all good. I wanted to just be by myself, feel sorry for myself. Have a pity party.
As I was outside working in my flower garden, feeling sorry for myself, a thought crossed my mind. Isn't it wonderful that my heavenly Papa doesn't get crabby with me? He promises us that He will never leave us or forsake us. Isn't that awesome? I can be as crabby as I want (okay, maybe not how I want), and He is still there, waiting with His arms wide open for me. Talk about melting away those crabby's!
My crabby day ended on a great note, though. We spent the evening hanging out with our friends at their pool. But these aren't just ordinary friends. These are friends who we call family. They have seen the worst of me, the tears, the scrawny-ness, the fear. And they have seen the best of me, my high strung-ness (is that a word?) Anyway, and they still seem to love me just the same.
What a gift from God, isn't it? When we are given those people in our lives that love us just how we are.
Just how we are. Beautiful!
God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment