Welcome

I am so glad you have chosen to visit my blog! I pray you are thoroughly blessed. My mission is not to bring glory to myself, but to God. You will see a very real, true, raw side of me that maybe you have never seen before. Maybe I am treating this as a diary, maybe not. I am only following God's leading.

Monday, November 22, 2010

My, how time flies!

Wow! It's been HOW long since my last entry? Isn't this how I started my last entry as well? YIKES! But how true is this statement? How time flies!! I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week! And Christmas is how many weeks away?!
You know, as this time of year brings so many of us to a time to reflect on our blessings and all that we are thankful for, it brings me to a time of anxiety. It was just over a year ago when I made amends with my parents after many months of "silence" between us. It was at that time when I gave my dad a hug, a true hug, for the first time....ever! That moment in time is etched in my mind forever! But so time goes on, and I haven't given/gotten a hug from my dad in a long time. I miss that! I'm full of anxiety because I hate the feeling I get in my very core when I seem to be the "odd ball" of the family. When my bubbly, perky, prozac personality seems to be completely different from the rest of the family. When I feel like I really am not accepted as "part of the family". I hate that! I love Joshua 1:9 ~ "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
It was just over a year ago when I seemed to be at the other side of the dark tunnel, looking out over a beautiful, light-filled scene free from my eating disorder and dark depression. Yes, ED has tried his hardest to work himself back into my life, but he has NOT succeeded! WHOO HOO!!!!!! I've gained weight, and love it! Yes, I have yucky days, but I love who I am! I have no idea how much I weigh, and I DON'T CARE!!
I had the privilage of sharing my testimony to a group of women a couple of weekends ago. This is something I have always wanted to do. This was a last minute thing, so I fumbled quite a bit, but I felt God orchastrating every single second and word of that testimony. But I wasn't prepared for those wounds, that I thought were healed, to be opened up. Boy did that sting. But if God used me in some way to touch just one of those women, than that pain was well worth it!
I started a new venture in my life! And I am having a blast! I am now a Premier Designs Jewelry lady! :D I love hanging out with women, talking fashion, helping them try to figure out what jewelry will go with what outfits they have, and watching their faces light up when I tell them just how much jewelry they get to pick out for free! This has been such a blessing from God.
So here I am at such a thankful time of year. What a difference a year makes. I am amazed at what God allows to happen in my life in a year. I am thankful for so much. And I'm sure it's a lot of the same stuff you are thankful for. God is good! God is faithful!
So what if things do go bad over the holidays?  What if I don't get a hug from my dad? What if certain family members make doubly sure I feel like I am not a part of the family?
SO WHAT! I matter to one person, and one person only! No, not my husband. Well, yes, I do, but that is not who I am talking about. No, not my kids, or my friends.
I am talking about my heavenly Papa!
Psalm 62:5-8 says "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."
God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment